February Athlete Profile
Krystal Gray, age 26
Began CrossFit: August 2013
· I had tried every diet and every type of workout program out there and nothing was working. I was pre-diabetic and had hypothyroidism. The doctor told me I would be on medication the rest of my life and to just expect to have full diabetes one day. That was NOT an option for me so I joined CrossFit Guild in August of 2013 and was immediately hooked.
· Wall Balls are always a favorite of mine. After getting more into the Olympic lifting I really like the Snatch. Something magical happens when you complete a Snatch the right way and you can always work on improving the movement.
Least Favorite Movement:
· I always hate the rower, but the Clean and Jerk and I have a love hate relationship.
Experience with CrossFit Guild:
· Joining CrossFit Guild was one of the best decisions I have ever made and has changed my life in so many ways. Everyone at CFG is like a second family to me. The atmosphere of the gym is welcoming and fun, and we always have a good time no matter how brutal the WOD is. Everyone, from any fitness level is welcome there and we are always cheering each other on and challenging each other to be better. The coaches are amazing! Everyone who coaches there truly cares about you, your goals and how they can help you meet them (even if that means some tough love). They are constantly educating themselves on how to coach better and their passion for CrossFit shows in how they teach others. It’s more than just a gym to me: it is the number one place I like to spend my time and it has been an honor to see how much it has grown as a gym. It is also so inspiring to see how people change at CFG, to see someone come in and barely lift the barbell, to watching them improve and start doing more than the ever thought they could is awesome to watch.
Goals for 2015:
· Make the podium at a competition - CHECK!
· Compete at a USAW Open (just for fun)
· Complete the Spartan Trifecta
· Be able to do a ring muscle-up and a handstand push up
· Get my CrossFit Level 1 Certificate
· Compete at the Disney Fit Challenge
· More CrossFit competitions!
Posted on Fri, February 20, 2015