Hey guys! Thanks for all your hard work in the gym and staying on the #swoletrain!
2015 Reebok CrossFit Games Open begins soon and you should be registered! The Open is a fun way to mark the changes you and your fitness level have made during the year. It truly is a community event and we all have a great time cheering each other on and it only costs $20 so get signed up soon at www.games.crossfit.com.
The following are “4 Reasons Why You Should Do the Open” by Danette “Dizzle” Rivera via Breakingmuscle.com
· Yes, you are good enough! Most likely you are physically stronger than your mind lets you believe. This year marks the first time where there will be a scaled division and two teen divisions, along with masters and RX. See how you match up to other athletes and find out what skills you need to improve on for next year!
· It gets you competing again! When we become adults, we often feel like we need to retire that side of us. You may not be a win-at-all cost type but there is something about putting yourself on the line that sparks inspiration.
· Gives you an appreciation for the best of the best! You get a rare opportunity to do the same exact workouts during the same week as the best crossfitters in the world.
· It’s fun! It immediately bonds us because it feels like we’re going to battle together in a light hearted way. We’re all nervous, but this is what roots us deeper into our community.
· We will be completing the Open workouts on Friday nights during the 6pm class time. Beer cooler will be on site!
· The 5:30am class has been incredibly successful since it began last month! We love seeing a big turn-out so early in the morning, especially when it’s cold!
· Beginning February 23rd:
o Open Gym session at 7am! If 5:30am is too early for you, come by during this session and get the WOD done or do some skill work!
o 9am class is moving to 8:30am.
o Monday and Wednesday 7:30pm class has been changed to CrossFit Plus. CrossFit Plus is designed to take your workout to the next level. Expect WODs with additional Olympic lifting work that will challenge you to step up your intensity level!
· Again we want to thank Jude for continuing our Yoga class! This class has been a game changer for many and is an excellent mobility and flexibility aid for everyone!
· Sign up on the board, choose your embroidery color and size, pay $40 and get an awesome, warm CFG hoodie!
· Amazing athletes deserve to be acknowledged, so we will be highlighting a CFG athlete every month on our website, Facebook, and Instagram! February’s athlete profile is Krystal Gray! Get ready to read her story soon!
· Get a friend to sign up for OnRamp and earn a cool $25! Thanks to Angela and Jordan for referring Melannie and Sheila to February’s OnRamp course!
Again, Travis and I would like to say thank you for your continued support of CrossFit Guild! Together we are building an amazing community of athletes and friends!
Posted on Fri, February 20, 2015